Since 1988, Byung Lee’s King Tiger TKD has been bringing the very best in martial arts instruction to Eastern NC. Our instructors are personally selected for not only their skill and achievements in martial arts, but also for their ability to effectively relate their knowledge and understanding to students of all ages and backgrounds. Therefore, our instructors continuously undergo advanced training in all self defense skills and each and every one keeps abreast with the latest teaching methods and human development.
The true symbol of martial arts in the orient is respect. This tradition continues to be taught at Byung Lee’s King Tiger academy. If you feel that discipline, respect, and a positive character development are important to you and your family, then Byung Lee’s King Tiger Tae Kwon Do is for you. Byung Lee’s King Tiger Academies focus on building a strong community through personal growth and individual strength. At our schools you become a vital part of the whole as you realize your own potentials through the dynamic relationships you develop with the instructors and other students. This family spirit is carried home, to the office, and to every other part of life. It is not just self-defense or a way to stay fit. It’s A WAY OF LIFE!
At Byung Lee’s TKD we are not only interested in self-defense skills, but in the development of each person as a whole. We realize that each person is different and our school is setup to cater to all people. With classes running throughout the day, and classes for adults, families, children, and groups of all different experience levels we have a martial arts instruction class for you!
“Taking Tae Kwon Do as a family has given us a great activity to do together...Tae Kwon Do has helped me to be more confident…the friends that you make become like family…” Stacey Julien (Mother & Student)
Everyone can learn Tae Kwon Do! It is a discipline that is specific for the individual—so whatever age, whatever weight, whatever handicap you may have, Tae Kwon Do can help you learn to improve yourself and your lifestyle. Call to set up martial arts instruction today!
The literal meaning (translation) of Tae Kwon Do is “foot, hand, art”- or the way of the hand and foot. However, Tae Kwon Do means much more than kicking and punching. It is a non-violent discipline that achieves the goal of inner peace by conditioning the entire body. This art originated in Korea and it is now the most practiced martial art in the world.
From 1959 in Seoul Korea.
Our tradition extends to Greenville North Carolina on 1988.
· To build character like a Superior King,
· Strength to be a like a Tiger.
· Doctoral Degree in Christian Social Work
· Master in Theology
· Master in Sport Management (In Complete)
· 8th Dan Taekwondo Black Belt by Kukkiwon
· 8th Dan Hwarangdo Black Belt
· 7th Dan Hapkido Black Belt
· Taekwondo Instructor License by Kukkiwon
· International Referee (Poomsae) by WT Taekwondo
· East Carolina University Adjunct Professor 2006– 2016
· Chowan University Adjunct Professor 2012-2014
· Midwest University Adjunct Professor 2012-2016
· Unprivileged Children Taekwondo program 1982-1985
· King Tiger Taekwondo in Kangseo-gu, Seoul Korea 1986
- Mapoe Middle School PE program TKD Instructor 1986
· Eagle Taekwondo Federation HQ in Herndon, Virginia 1987
· King Tiger Taekwondo in Greenville, NC 1988-Present
· Kukkiwon(World Taekwondo HQ) Instructor Licensing Program Lecturer
· WT Taekwondo International Referee Training Program Instructor 2017
· WT Taekwondo Poomsae Technical Committee 2016-2017
· Tournament Supervisor for World Taekwondo Poomsae Championship in Lima Peru, 2016
· Kukkiwon (World Taekwondo HQ) H. Advisory Committee since 2017
· American Master’s Association, Vice President 2017-Present
· King Tiger Taekwondo Association President
· Human Relations Council at City Of Greenville, 2010-2016
· Goldsboro Korean Presbyterian Church, Youth Minster
· Greenville Korean Presbyterian Church, Deacon, and Youth Program Teacher.
· Taught ADD & ADHD children program with Pitt County Schools and Pitt County psychologies department. 1992-1994
· Content-less awards from Taekwondo community, US and Korean Public sectors
· Thinktank competition 1st Place winner in Education 2019
· Former State and National competition Sparring and Poomsae Winner 1987
· Hall of Fame in Master Instructor and Speaker Award by AMS and Martial Arts World Magazine.